Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Doggie Antics

Early this morning I went to let my dog, Panther (a black lab), out and to feed him his breakfast. When I first came downstairs, I saw Panther laying on his bed curled up in a cute little ball. I paused for a moment to think of how adorable he looked when he was asleep. As I got closer to him, I began to notice that he was very still, a bit too still. I called out his name but he didnt move. Now I began to get a tight beeling in my chest. I moved in closer to feel if he was breathing but I couldnt detect his usually prominent heartbeat. I started to freak out a bit more on the inside. I frantically called my mom over, fearing the worst. She calmly looked at Panther and shook him awake. He slowly raised his head and looked at us with sleepy but accusing eyes. My mom explained that he was just being stubborn because he didnt want to go outside in the cold. Panther's silly antic scared my socks off!

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Hilarious... he really can "play dead"