Monday, January 9, 2012

Tebow Time

Let me just get this out there right now, I am not a bandwagon fan of Tebow after his win against the Steelers last night. I have been supporting Tim since the very beginning of the season when Kyle Orton was still the starting quarterback for the Broncos. Ever since I met him last summer at the Tahoe Celebrity Golf Tournament, he has been my favorite. His kindness and sincerity that you see with him and the press is not an act; he was exactly the same way in person. I knew after talking with him for about ten minutes that I was gonna marry this man ;-)

So here is the part where I brag in all of the haters' faces. I have been getting SO much crap the past weeks about thinking Tebow was a good quarterback. "He sucks", "Tebow can't throw for sh*t", "He doesn't deserve to be in the NFL", blah blah blah. I have heard it all. Are they all crazy? This guy has had more come from behind wins than probably any quarterback in the league right now. Tebow can win games, and even though sometimes it doesn't look pretty, who cares?? Teams play to win, and that is what Tim Tebow does. Everyone would try to convince me that he did not know how to throw a football. And what did I say? The Broncos offensive coordinator did not give him a chance! They would run every single play, get behind in the score and when there was only a few minutes left in the game they would let Tebow throw. What did this do? Force Tim to makes passes in situations that were risky, that eventually caused turnovers. Finally last night, in the playoff game againsst the Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger , the coach got his head out of his butt and let Tebow throw. In the end, Tim made several AMAZING throws, one of which was an 80 yard touchdown pass to win the game in overtime.

So to everyone who doubted me and Tebow, I told you so :-)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Tim Tebow is amazing!