Monday, January 2, 2012

Goodbye 2011

So it's already Monday January 2 2012. Gosh that feels so weird to say, or write I suppose. Anyway, I can't believe 2011 is behind us. 2011 is a year I will never forget.

The year was filled with so many great memories. I will never forget the lifelong friends I made this summer at Sacramento State at the Chicano Latino Youth Leadership Project. I was so fortunate to have been accepted into the program and I am forever grateful for the friends and opportunities I was able to make there. Also another highlight from last year was making Varsity tennis. I had practiced at least 4 times a week during the off season, and I was at the gym cross training. My work had paid off, because I was able to pass a few people and I even earned "most improved" award which was very rewarding. This has made me even more determined to further improve my game for senior year.

Although I had many blessings in 2011, I did encounter some difficulties. This fall my older sister Amanda went to college at UC Davis. It's not too far away from home, but we only really saw her on holidays and on an occasional weekend. I was now the oldest sister at home, and I was given much more responcibility. Because both of my parents work full time downtown, they don't come home until 6 at the soonest, so I became the "mother" for my younger siblings. I made sure they completed their chores, helped them with their homework and with their musical instruments. Also I made dinner every night while still trying to do my chores and schoolwork, and having tennis practice every day until mid November. It became so important that I try to manage my time well.

Despite these challenges that occurred last year, I remain optimistic about 2012. Yes it was a difficult year, but I was blessed with many things. I am excited to see what 2012 has in store!

No comments: