Friday, January 20, 2012

Registration Problems

Winter semester classes at Sierra College start on Monday and I am still unable to register. I am only in five classes at Rocklin High so I have to take a class at Sierra. I have been unable to sign up for classes and now they are all full, so I am going to have to show up to all the classes I want to be in and see which ones will allow me to add, which is much more difficult than just enrolling in the class online. In addition, I am unsure which class I want to take. The two colleges I am deciding between for next year have different general education requirements so I am having a difficult time finding a class that would be accepted by both universities. My first choice, Seattle University, has really obscure and random required classes that don’t correspond to the classes offered at Sierra, so I have had to check with the admissions office at SU to see if a class will count. Yesterday I figured out that I want to take Art Appreciation so I can be done with my Fine Arts requirements and while that class is accepted at my second choice, University of San Francisco, I am not sure if SU will take it. To make matters worse they have been closed the last three days because of snow and can not respond to my emails. All in all it is not looking good, and I have no idea what I am going to do come Monday.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Oh, I remember those days... But I think it's way cool you are taking classes at Sierra. More of our seniors should take advantage of that opportunity (though tough to get what you want these days).