Monday, March 19, 2012

Rugby

All weekend my dad was glued to the computer screen because he was watching Rugby.

We don't have T.V. and my parents are definitely not sports people, so it was very strange hearing my dad screaming at the computer.

My parents grew up in the UK, so they were surrounded by Rugby. So, my dad just downloaded this website that allows my parents to watch Rugby, and they've been addicted to watching ever since.

They watched the Welsh team (my dad's Welsh) against the English team (my mom's English) and you would not BELIEVE the smugness of my dad when the Welsh won (at least, I think they won...) Wales also went against the Irish, and won. My dad was smiling so hard, he cheeks turned red.

I guess, I better learn the rules... but who to support... now that's going to be a toughy. Would it be bad if I said the Welsh because I like their uniforms better?

3 comments:

Amber C said...

Your parents are from the UK? That's so cool!! When you were little did you use to have an accent?

Rhiannon said...

Haha yeah it's pretty cool having foreign parents :) I had a British accent until I went to kindergarten, because all of my parents' friends were foreigners, so I didn't really hear an American accent until I went to school here in Rocklin :)

RHS Flash said...

OK, you gotta read about having not TV. I think it rocks, but... cool.