Monday, March 19, 2012

Finding your Long Lost Sister

So this is a true story that I want to share of my mom recently helping my grandpa's sister in-law. She lives in Hong Kong and came back to Indonesia (her hometown) to find her sister, and to visit her parents' cemetery. The only problem is that this is the first time she has come back after 40 years when she left for China to go to school in hopes of finding a better future. She didn't remember the address very well and after 40 years, everything probably change. So, my mom set out dates to go to this small town called Cirebon to find my grandpa's sister in-law's long lost sister who was left behind. Luckily, because it is a small town and most people lived there for a long time, my mom successfully found her and was able to see the expression my grandpa's sister in-law and the long lost sister, my mom told me that for about 5 minutes, they were in shock and just stare at each other because the last time they saw each other was 40 years ago.
My mom found out that she was left behind because she had bad luck. By the time all her sisters left for China, we don't know how, she didn't have the documents they needed in order to go outside the country. By the time she wanted to go and had most of the documents, her mom passed away and her dad fell sick, so she had to take care of them. At the end of the day, its still a happy ending that they can still meet after long years of loss contact.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

I loe your honesty, and your interesting life... amazing.