Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hunger Games Shenanigans

In case you live under a rock, the premiere of the Hunger Games movie is on March 23rd. Quite soon, yes. I was talking to one of my French students, asking her what someone could possibly wear for said midnight premiere. She started listing off supplies like cargo pants, boots, backpacks, describing the obvious items needed to battle in the games. I told her no, like what character could a person dress up as. Finally understanding my train of thought, we started to list the things one would need to dress up as Katniss. She would wear a long braid. I would fashion a bow and arrow out of things found in the crowd or in nearby trash bins. I suppose you would also need to find some confusion over which manly man, Peeta or Gale, you want to spend the rest of your life with. For Cinna, you could offer fashion advice to any and all of the people standing near you in line. You would also probably have to stage punishment for your rebellion by having your friends aggressively ambush you at a predetermined time. A Peeta would most likely paint dainty designs on little fondant-covered cakes and graciously pass them out to passerby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS ENTRY.
are you as obsessed as I am? TEAM GALE.

RHS Flash said...

Love your ideas... we can only hope...makes great pictures and stories.