Friday, March 23, 2012

Cashier

In November I got a job working at Starbucks inside Target. Although it was difficult at first, I have really grown to like both the job and the people I work with. But lately I’ve had to do cashier shifts for Target instead of working at Starbucks. This was not the job that I was originally offered but now half of my shifts are cashier shifts. While this may seem like an easier task, it’s really not. Half the time I have no idea what I’m doing, I always have to call over someone to help me or to override an alcohol purchase because I’m too young to sell it. Besides that, Target is trying to get customers to get their new Redcard, so they are having cashiers promote the card. I’m really bad at selling things so this just makes it really awkward. I never know what to say to people, I always feel like I’m bagging items the wrong way, and it’s just boring. I would way rather be making mochas and lattes. But I need the hours, so I’ll do it.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

The work world is a powerful teacher.