Tuesday, March 13, 2012

NCAA Tourney-SMC

Saint Mary's is my favorite school in the country. I'm obsessed with their basketball program. I know everything about them literally. My dad and uncle used to coach there so i know everyone there to.It's awesome. So when the Gaels had arguably the best season in their history i was pumped! Coming into the NCAA selsection show i predicted a 6 or 7 seed and boy was I happy. The Gales made it to the Sweet 16 two years ago as a 10, why not as a 7? The team is better this  year anyway, but as you know anything can happen in the tourney and seeding really doesn't matter it can only help slightly. In SMC's case, it hurt more than helped. They play the 10 seed Purdue which i'm fine with i'll take them, but the 2nd round they'll likely meet up with the 2-seed kansas. memories of their victory over #2 Villanova in 2010 return except that match up was tailor made for the Gaels. This one not so much, i hope one of the greatest 15 seeds in a while, Detorit can take down kansas bt i'm not sure how the Gaels would take down KU. I'd still bet on em anyway tho

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

You, obsessed? Really