Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm obsessed

And no, I'm not obsessed with some trashy reality show or the next fashion trend. It's the stock market that I've been preoccupying my time with. Nerdy, right? In AP Econ we are using a Virtual Stock Exchange to invest 100,000 fake dollars in the stock market for an assignment. We also do it as a competition within each period in which the winner is inducted into Hardy's investment Hall of Fame and wins "oodles of fantabulous prizes" as Mr. Hardy would say. So back to my obsession, majority of the words that have come out of my mouth in the past week relate to my ranking in the competition, trash talking/bragging to my opponents, or telling everyone what the stocks I've purchased are. I'll sit at the computer and keep refreshing the page hoping to see my name higher than everyone else's. Yesterday, I reached number one and all I wanted to do was tell the world. I've also come to realize that whatever my mood is for the day almost completely relies on what my ranking is, so basically yesterday was one of the best days ever. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit but one thing is for sure that I should never ever ever be allowed to invest in stocks in real life because I am way too addicted and would probably lose all of my money.

No comments: