Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Grandparents

So, my grandparents arrive today. I haven't seen them in two years, so it will be nice to see them. They live in England, and are taking a side trip to Oregon before they see us. Every time they come to America, they always take a side trip, and visit a different country or state. For example, the last time they came, they went to Canada.

My grandparents are very British; they are big on manners, and my grandfather even carries a hanky. My mom calls them mother and father.

Before I was born, my grandfather met the King of Jordan at a tree-planting ceremony I think. He has a picture of them shaking hands in his office.

They don't really like the heat, so I wonder how they'll survive Rocklin?

My grandmother and I have the same birthday, this Saturday, which is why they're coming out to visit now. It's my fifteenth, and my grandmother's seventieth.

When I was born, my grandmother was visiting my parents, and that day she woke up to a cake and a note, saying that my parents were at the hospital. What an interesting birthday that would have been.

They'll be here at six pm!

No comments: