Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Future

"What do you want to do Alina?"
long pause
"I'm not sure maybe like something with like law or writing..."
"Writing? so like books or newpaper?"
"I'm not sure really..."

The typical conversation I have with anyone who asks me what I want to do when I grow up. I really wish that I was one of those people who had there eyes set on there dream and knew what they wanted from an early age. Reality is that my interests vary so much and I don't know what I will really do after college. When I talk to my dad about getting my license and a job he disagrees with me. He says I could use that time and money to apply for scholarships instead. He read an article about how this guy wrote 4 essays that took him a few hours each. When he was done with them he altered them a little taking 30 min each for each scholarship application. The time he would be at a job or practicing driving to get his license he was spending applying for scholarships. After applying to 80, he made 22,000 dollars in scholarships. It really makes you think, stay well rounded, use your time wisely, and you can avoid the stress of job and car insurance. That is until you go off to college, where you could be 18 and it is easier to get your licsence. Then after my first two years at college, I will probably figure out what I want to do with my life. Success is my occupation.

No comments: