Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Presentations

"Oh great..... a presentation....", is the normal thing people would say when they hear this word. And I completely agree. Who seriously wants to go up to the front of the class for 5 or 10 minutes and talk about something nobody else in the room cares about except the teacher? Well, the idea may immediatly put some into their zoning out stage; but for me, it makes me excited. The whole idea that gets me excited; seeing how creative I can be. There are a million possiblities that can come about trying to prepare for a presentation. "Should I get dressed up and play the part?" "Should I start out with describing something and then go into it?" "Should I just lead it off and bring in creative props that help support my idea and get the audience involved and active?"These questions make my head spin when I am getting ready because they make me overwhelmed, but they also get me excited because I get to show myself what I cam capable of and how interesting I can get the subject to be. So while some say that presentations can be a bore, just remember, it's only as boring as you make it be. The more creative you make it, the more interesting it will turn out to be!

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I think that your idea of telling everyone to close their eyes, while you describe is a great way to show your capable of you topic.

Mason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mason said...

I feel the same way! We always present and no one really wants to listen to them. Good ideas though, its so hard to decide!