Thursday, September 15, 2011

Homecoming: Exciting or Stressful?

Homecoming. The week of dressing up for spirit days, float construction and nominations for the Royal Court, fun right? Well, that's debatable. I think I can speak for almost every other high school girl when I say that Homecoming is straight up stressful. With each and every day that goes by, I realize that the dance is one day closer, and panic starts to set in. Unless you have a boyfriend, finding a date is hard enough. But once you conquer that obstacle, you have only just begun. It's followed by the frantic search for the perfect dress, trying to find something that looks fantastic, but something you know absolutely nobody else will have. Showing up to a dance with three girls wearing the same thing? Major fashion faux pa. Let's not forget to mention the shoes, the nails, the jewelry and the hair. And let's not lie, every girl is beyond worried that her date will show up wearing a royal blue tie when you specifically said navy. By the end of October, all these girls will have gray hair and wrinkles. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm the only one who stresses out about all of this. I'm just thankful that somebody else in my "group" is planning out picture locations and dinner reservations. Now I just need to show up.

No comments: