Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Love The Human Race, It's People I Can't Stand (Part III)

I can't imagine how teenage girls wake up so early in the morning and spend an hour or more getting ready; straightening their bleach blonde hair, dousing their clear skin in concealer and foundation, and scraping their eyes with black pencils and powder. You can literally walk down the halls and count the girls who care far too much about what people think of them, and it's really quite sad. In a matter of time, reality will hit them, and so will fried hair and oily skin. As I observe my fellow female students, I notice that some of them even wear concealer on their lips, making them disappear into the cake of makeup. This is not, I repeat, NOT the circus. With all the makeup I see shielding the faces of Rocklin High girls, the only thing missing is a red nose and handful of colorful balloons. In my day, I have asked a handful of my male peers if they think that "look" is attractive, and all of them said no. They also agreed that fake tans, when done to the point that the skin turns orange, is horrific. All I'm saying, is that I can't see why girls do that...who are you trying to impress looking like that? If people like you, they like you for what your personality has to offer. If they're only interested in what balloon animals you can create, they're obviously not worth your time.

1 comment:

Franchesca said...

I agree! Some girls really need to tone it down on the makeup.