Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Painless Dentist Trip

A few weeks ago I went to the dentist to have some cavities taken care of. My mom was telling me all about how it would hurt some and then my mouth would be really numb. So then I went into the dentist's office. He gave me a few shots to numb my mouth, but it didn't hurt at all. Then I got to pick a movie to watch, got some video goggles and headphones, and started watching O Brother Where Art Thou. I was almost at the end of the movie when the dentist told me it was time to go. I was really surprised that I hadn't really felt any pain over the course of a couple of hours.
When I got home, I drank some soda to get the numbing stuff out of my system, and it was weird because even when there was soda in my mouth, I couldn't tell. I just wanted to write this because going to the dentist for a filling ( or four at the same time, in my case, ) doesn't hurt a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive been stabbed by novacaine in my leg and i couldn't feel for a day.

RHS Flash said...

Everyone is different. Glad yours was painless. Wish mine let me watch moves, though. cn

victoria said...

ugh the dentist is always fun