Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Harry Potter

So a little over a month ago we were visiting family in Maryland. My cousin Amber, who is 15, was reading a Harry Potter book for what she claimed was her fourth time. One dull day after we got back to Rocklin, I remembered that my brother owned the whole series and decided to start the first one. I suddenly realized what all the hype was about, I finished the first one that night and immediately started the second. I texted my cousin Alicia that lives in Rocklin and asked her if she had read them. She told me that she had happened to have gotten the first one as a gift and had started it the day before. About a week later school started and I got a lot busier. I have school, then tennis immediately after, followed by loads of homework. Despite this, I always find time to read my Harry Potter books. Alicia finished the series, since she is 23 and has more time on her hands, but I am already on the 5th. We are now trying to get my uncle to read them, and we believe if we get him to read up to the third it will be smooth sailing from there :)

3 comments:

victoria said...

I have never read them!

Karin said...

yes, Harry Potter is addicting. too addicting for me which is the reason why I haven't read the 7th one. (Even though I've read all the others at least once, since the 7th one came out, i haven't found a good time to dedicate to reading it...)

RHS Flash said...

This is exactly why I've never started. I know I'd get hooked. But... one day I'll sit down and read them all straight through. cn