Thursday, September 10, 2009

STRESSFUL SENIOR YEAR

Sure they say senior year is fun, but until I became a senior I couldn't fully capture all of the STRESS! I didn't really understand before why seniors were freaking out about applying to multiple colleges and universities, I figured hey! I apply to one college, all the information can just go to all of the other places. But there are so many different requirements for different types of schools, it's almost impossible to keep track! UC and CSU differences are so immense, how can we be sure what place is right for us? And what about early admission? How do we know for sure if that's what's right, we are trapped if we do it, but at the same time maybe it's a good idea... So many thoughts are going through my head, and having to get scholarships and FAFSA stuff doesn't make anything easier. Some scholarships on zinch.com seem so easy to achieve, but how do we know if we get them or if we have to sign anything or go through the school? College is a whole new world, one that's already starting, and I sure hope I'm ready :/ So far not so good, but after November things should get a little easier for all of us... And by a little I mean a very very little, scholarship time will pick up after college applications, a whole other story. Oh to live in the days when college applications were a mere fantasy. But then again we only have one year left! So all of this stress is definitely worth it... If I get accepted to the places I apply. Breathe all of you seniors, we all need to remember to have fun, our last Homecoming is approaching rapidly and it's our last chance to go to float construction and go to a Homecoming rally and game and see the halftime show as a RHS student. We all need to make the most of this time, even if we want to scream with our stress!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Zinch never seemed that helpful to me. It would give good scholarships right when the deadline was about to go through. :|

RHS Flash said...

I think it becomes a feeding frenzy and seniors drive each other crazy. You'll be fine. Enjoy the day.

victoria said...

Amen sister!

victoria said...

Amen sister!