Friday, August 28, 2009

Contacts

So, I'm pretty much blind. I never could see the board well in class but I didn't make it a big deal beause I did NOT want glasses. Well, I went to my sports physical two weeks ago and basically failed my eye test. They sent me to an optometrist where they examined my eyes. Finally, Wednesday I got my contacts. I could only wear them for three hours the first day, five the second, then keep adding two hours each day until I get to twelve hours. There are soo many rules to contacts. You can't sleep or swim with them, theres a right and left contact (with no way to tell them apart), they could be inside out and you wouldn't know, and if they are even just a bit dirty it will hurt so bad that you won't even be able to open your eye to take it out. Plus, they are super uncomfortable and just a hassle altogether. Definately not looking forward to wearing them, but I guess it will eventually become part of my everyday routine.

3 comments:

victoria said...

sorry about that :/

Jimmy said...

Wearing contacts is a hassle at first.. But I've been wearing them since the middle of fifth grade (I'm a senior). You get used to them in about a week or so. I swim with them all the time, though (GOGGLES ARE A MUST! :D). But yeah, just remember to keep them organized in your case (L/R) and you'll get used to them in no time!

RHS Flash said...

You'll get it. But Jimmy is right, just takes time. I've done it, got lazy, and then just given up. You won't, I know that. cn