Thursday, September 10, 2009

True Friends

I have a friend that has been playing football for years now and he is quite good at it. And he is such a great honest and trustworthy friend. When I was hospitalized this summer with chronic migraines from a clogged Basilry artery he was in the hospital multiple times to be with me the five days I was there. Now that I am ok, he has developed much of the same symptoms I had! I heard over twitter (spanks2) that he was in the hospital and needed someone by his side. Immediately sadness came over me and I rushed to my phone to call my girlfriend and Randy to see if they would go with me to visit him in Sacramento. They of course dropped everything and came along. In his room he had four other people that were there with him. I was so happy to see so many true friends of his. We stayed and talked to him for an hour or so then it was time to go. I wish I could have stayed all night with him, he spent the night by himself. They believe he has the same issue that I had so I will be with him step by step to help him along the way. If you are there for your friends, they will always be there for you. That's how you determine if you are a good true friend or not.

5 comments:

Emily said...

That is great that you have such a trustworthy friend. I hope my friends would act the same. :)

lauren elizabeth said...

That's so great :) I agree, you're very lucky and he's lucky to have you, what a good friendship

RHS Flash said...

Very cool for you. Love your honesty here... and hope things go well. We all need someone when we are not feeling well.

victoria said...

True friends are harder to come across than people think

Amanda C. said...

Best of luck and best of wishes. Yay for true friends :)