Monday, September 14, 2009

Right-handed, but left-brained

Lately I've been fascinated with the idea of right and left parts of the brain. I took a test online and it said I was 74% "left-brained" and 26% "right-brained". I'm right-handed, although not entirely. For example, when I cartwheel, I like to cartwheel with my left foot in front. The right part of the brain is wired to the left side of the body and vice versa. Anyway, back to the meaning of the "left" and "right" brain results. The left brain is the part of the brain that is associated with patterns, logic, facts, analysis, observation, details, and objectivity. The right brain focuses more on feeling, creativitity, perception, subjectivity, looking at the "big picture", visual and nonverbal information. If anyone would like to take the test, here is the link: http://similarminds.com/brain.html Let me know what your results are!

P.S. I think this is going to be one of my web stories :)

9 comments:

Holly said...

i'm like half and half.
48 percent right
44 percent left

Emily said...

Yay, I'm logical! You should post more if you find some.
Right Brain 40%
Left Brain 64%

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Shilpa said...

mine is sort of like yours
right brain 20 percent
left brain 76 percent
great post!

alyssa dipippo said...

right side 28% left side 64%

Holly said...

I found another one that is kinda more simple. but again, I am pretty much half and half.

http://www.intelliscript.net/test_area/questionnaire/questionnaire.cgi?q=right_brain_left_brain_2

victoria said...

Always looking for stories! great job!

Karin said...

this totally has to do w/ something i have to tell you about, amanda!

I am right brain 50% and left brain 58%...

RHS Flash said...

This could be a print story! the joke in my family is I have no left brain at all (or is it no brain left)? cn

Anonymous said...

I was more left brain than right brain (I would post the percentage, but I already closed the page... oops) and I'm right handed.
There's many studies about left brain/right brain stuff. I learned a little about it last year but pretty much as much as you wrote about it. Thanks for sharing!