Sunday, September 27, 2009

What I've Learned So Far

I've been thinking lately about how much I have learned so far this school year. I feel like I have learned more than I did all last year and it's only been about a month and a half of school. So far, a few things I have learned are:
  • How to salsa dance
  • 4,700 years of world history
  • The secrets of a stapler (if you press the button on the bottom then rotate the metal plate it will staple about 20 papers)
  • That it is illegal to honk at someone unless it is preventing an accident
  • Grande battements, chaines, pique turns
  • How to get a fly out of a room (turn off all the lights and open the door and the light will attract it and it will fly out) 
  • How to become a dictator (thanks to reading Animal Farm)
  • 37 Spanish verbs and how to define and write a sentence using them in Spanish
  • How stupid it is to drink and drive or drive recklessly (thanks to Red Asphalt)
I feel so thankful that I have the opportunity to go to a great school and take difficult classes that really challenge me. Knowledge is such a useful thing to have and people take advantage of opportunities to learn all of the time. Of course, I still dislike the process it takes in order to learn material but the feeling you get after is well worth it.

3 comments:

RHS Flash said...

Love the list style and the slye sense of humour. Very fun, but pointed. Ever think about all we learn every day? Without thinking?
cn

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

ew red asphalt. ha