Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Matrix

I saw another movie! Now this is an accomplishment in itself because I hardly ever watch movies, let alone science fiction movies or R rated movies. But my AP English class watched The Matrix last night because apparently it comes up a lot in discussions during class. I thought the movie was really good! And I was kind of surprised that I liked it so much because science fiction and violence is just not really my thing. But the movie had some good aspects to it for someone like me who doesn't really get the point of sitting in front of a screen watching people shoot each other and being controlled by computers. For one, the movie made me think. Think about stuff having to do with ignorance is bliss, truth, pain, making decisions, and fate. Unlike many other movies, the characters in The Matrix weren't shallow and the movie's message was much deeper.

4 comments:

KryptoChicken said...

And then the other two movies came out and made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Jimmy said...

That was the first time you've seen The Matrix?

ITS BEEN MY FAVORITE MOVIE SINCE 2001 WHEN I FIRST SAW IT!

The second and third ones were okay, nothing like the first. ITS AWESOME!

RHS Flash said...

Cool for you for going outside your comfort zone.

victoria said...

I have never seen it!