Thursday, January 1, 2009

Chocolate!

Basically I havent eaten chocolate in a year...well that is until 12:00 last night! I can't believe that I actually managed to go a whole year without eating ANY chocolate, and I mean any chocolate at all. No chocolate ice cream, milk, candy, or anything else that contains any shape or form of chocolate.
If you haven't figured it out yet, not eating chocolate was my new year's resolution last year. And i believe for the first time in my life I successfully carried out a new year's resolution for an entire year. People told me that after a while I wouldnt want it anymore...but that definitely wasn't true. I wanted it all year, even more so as I approached the end of my committment. I even had a full-length dream about a chocolate chip cookie!
I love chocolate and I decided to give it up as a way to prove that I could use self-control to accomplish anything that I want in life. Even if that's a stupid reason to give something up, I'm very proud of the success that I achieved.
Eat chocolate! It's delicious :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not stupid that's amazing!

Amanda C. said...

Whoa congratulations, Victoria! You should feel so good- I gave up sweets for Lent last year, but this sounsd wayyy harder. Go eat some chocolate lol