Wednesday, December 31, 2008

movies

Recently, every movie labeled "a comedy" or "a riot" by critics, hasn't been funny at all, well at least to me. It seems like they've all been let-downs, and misleads. Every one that i've rented or seen in theaters in the past few months hasn't turned out to be what i had expected. "Tropic Thunder" was terrible, definately a guy movie, "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" was ten times worse, however that might just be me since ive never really liked Adam Sandler's acting. "Kung Fu Panda" had a couple funny parts, three at the most, Brad Pitt's character, Chad, had the only funny parts in "Burn After Reading", but, as usual, they had to kill him. "The Women", was a HUGE disappointment, it took on a more serious vibe than i'd hoped. "Marley and Me", is hands down the saddest movie i've seen in years. I love Jennifer Anniston, and the trailors made it seem hilarious, but once i saw that every 3rd person leaving the theater on its opening day, christmas day, with red eyes and tissues in their hands, my hopes for a laugh were out the window. [still a great movie, regardless]
However, some of my favorite, non-let-downs include "Hancock", "Anchor Man", "Little Miss Sunshine", and "The Holiday".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I've read the book Marley and Me and I was planning on seeing the movie, thinking they wouldn't show the part where he dies, but apparently they do. I am for sure not going to see it now.
Why is it that in every dog story the dog has to die in the end?

KryptoChicken said...

Movie critics always suck. Or at least it seems like that.

KryptoChicken said...

You know someone actually made a book about how all dog stories involve dogs dying in the end. I can't remember the name of it but it was pretty good.