Friday, January 30, 2009

81....80....79...........

That's right seniors, only 81 school days until graduation.

For some reason, the fact that we have so little time left has been hitting me especially hard these days. And I really could not be happier about it.
I'm not saying that Rocklin wasn't a good community to grow up in. As a kid I never had to worry about walking through the wrong neighbor or wearing the wrong color. It sounds silly, but for far too many kids, it's real. I had a happy childhood and I can remember running wild through my neighborhood without a care in the world. I've been very comfortable in this environment, even if I have been a little sheltered.
I've been in Rocklin since I was four years old. That's 13 years of my life, and I've been going to school with most of the same people since preschool. I'm VERY ready for a change of scenery. I can't wait to get out and experience different parts of the world, without parental supervison. I need to meet new people, try new things, and see the world from a different point of view. For me, graduation will not be the sad ending, it'll be the beginning of REAL LIFE.
But until then, I'll just sit here and count. 81........80.........79.........78...........

No comments: