Sunday, January 25, 2009

Out of the Loop

So even though missing school from time to time is a big relief, missing it for a week just plain sucks. I woke up Tuesday morning with a sore throat and throbbing headache. I layed back in bed, and ended up not getting out until like yesterday!!!!! It was possibly one of the most horrible weeks of my life.
I had strep throat, which if you haven't had it is one of the worst sicknesses, which made me not eat hardly anything because I couldn't swallow. I then couldn't get up because I was so light-headed from not eating. Basically, it SUCKED!
After calling around I figured out everything that I missed, which is a never-ending list. It sucks being in high school, because even when you're absent, all of your teachers expect you to have the work you missed done in like a day. I miss having about a week haha.
On the bright side, I got to watch the entire presidential inauguration. I never pay much attention to the news (sorry Nichols) so it was really interesting for me to actually sit down undisturbed and watch it.
Today was my first day out of the house and it was pretty much amazing. I almost passed out, but I made it. I also ate something besides chicken noodle soup or bread (no butter) for dinner. And so far, my stomach doesn't hurt. :]
The lesson of this is, don't get strep throat. And don't miss a week of school if you can help it. I missed out in journalism, and I'm sorry I wasn't there. I also missed yearbook, which is NOT GOOD right now, considering we have deadlines in like two weeks. Wait, one week!!!! AHHHH.
Thats all for tonight. :]

3 comments:

RHS Flash said...

Love that you used the blog to keep in touch. And yes, strep is no fun.

victoria said...

I've never had strep before but it definitely doesn't sound like a good time at all.

victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.