Monday, January 5, 2009

Last Semester

Today is the first day of my last semester of high school. The sound of that is absolutely insane. It's slightly terrifying, but mostly it's the most exciting thing I have ever thought about. I remember my first day of school like it was the other day, yet here I am about to graduate and go start my life. It's overwhelming. I just applied to Northwestern University last week and right as I hit 'submit' reality smacked me in the face. I was applying to the school, if I'm accepted, I'm going to in a heartbeat. I might be moving to Chicago. Just the sound of it is so strange. Growing up feels unreal, but at the same time I couldn't be any more ready to be on my own in life. Exactly five months from today and I am finished with high school. Forever.

No comments: