Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome home!

ahhhh, where to begin?



About ten days ago my family came back from a Christmas vaction to see our family in Ohio. After being cooped up with my family for ten days straight, I immediately went out to see my friends. After about an hour, I get a worried phone call from my mom telling me that she and my dad are at the Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic with my cat, Jack, because he has a gaping hole in his back leg that's leaking pus and blood. They were at the vet for over three hours while they cleaned his wound and assessed his infection. $400 later, he came home with a little green bandage and some antibiotics. I've been taking him to the vet every few days to get his bandage changed, except for when he rips it off, and I have to hold him down and fix it myself.

ANYWAY, to make a long story short, it amazes me how much time and money people are willing to spend on animals. I've always been an animal lover, but this incident has tested my patience and my wallet. But..I love that cat, for some reason, and I'll keep doing this until he's better.

No comments: