Friday, January 30, 2009

Scholarship Season Sucks

Everybody keeps telling me that scholarships are everywhere. They say that millions of dollars in scholarship money go unclaimed because students don’t even put in the effort to get them.
Well let me tell you, I am putting in the effort. It is so frustrating to apply for one scholarship after another, and being rejected for every single one of them. I have written about everything from patriotism to individualism and none of them as won me any much needed money.
I have friends who have athletic scholarships, and although I’ve been offered athletic scholarships, I don’t want to go to school based on who will accept me for my athletic ability. I want to go to school for academics.
You’re probably saying, why not get a job? I have two. Minimum wage just doesn’t cut it anymore for even the cheapest of schools. Not to mention a lot of my money is going towards gas and other important purchases. It’s been forever since I have been able to go to the mall, heaven forbid, and even think about buying anything.
All of this because of scholarships, and the lack thereof for average suburban white kids who "don’t need the money".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think ur being too picky. If you need money, you need money. Take an athletic scholarship