Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scrabble

Oh what a glorious game it is.

No...seriously.

It's strangely addicting but always entertaining, and a good tool to strengthen vocabulary skills. A good player will usually score 300-400 points in a game. I don't think I've gotten to the 400 point yet, but I'm getting there. I think playing against one person is better than playing against three or four, its more intense and generally faster. Although i do enjoy the occasional crossword puzzle, scrabble will always hold a special place in my heart. I played it on Christmas Eve with my brother and dad..and my brother did the word "footed". That's not a word, right? haha. And i was playing with him and his friends the other night, he decided to land "Jedi" on a triple word score. Um excuse me? a bazillion points? and since when did we add star wars words to the English dictionary? i think never. But uh, if any of you nerds are interested, ill play you. That means you Nichols.

:)

2 comments:

Megan said...

haha... "Jedi" on a triple word score. I haven't played scrabble in a while. That's a cool Christmas Eve tradition.

Anonymous said...

I did Queers once. The Q was on a tripple letter and also i double word score. 68 points baby. First time I have ever won a board game in my life i think.