Monday, January 5, 2009

Working

Over break, i worked pretty much everyday. I even worked on Christmas and on new years eve. I love where i work, dont get me wrong, i have the time of my life. but, the people that go to the movies on holidays are ridiculous!
I am not joking when i say that xmas movie-goers are so concerned with themselves on Christmas, and i hate them. We sold out nearly every show of the christmas movies including marley and me and bedtime stories, causing a slight shortage of seats next to each other in the auditoriums. People are such a-holes about this though. They will purchase tickets in advance on fandango or something and arrive 10 minutes before the show starts expecting to find seats. i dont think so. People seem to think that because they buy tickets, they are guaranteed seats next to each other, no matter what, like we are some sort of theatrical theatre with assigned seats. no.
On Christmas evening, one couple was so upset by their not being able to find seats with the rest of their giant family that they told one of my managers that she had "ruined their Christmas." Really now? How ridiculous do you have to be? And where did the holiday spirit go? Let me just say, they were not the only family yelling and complaining.

2 comments:

Raoul Duke said...

I love it when there is hell in the back of the concession, we're running out of popcorn, there are lines streaming from wall to wall, and someone asks for three pizzas. Then get pissed off when it takes twenty minutes. Some people, I swear, should be clubbed to death with a pair of penny loafers.

Anonymous said...

Lol. What was the manager supposed to do? Kick out a family because they didn't pre-order their tickets on fandango? People are ridiculous.