Friday, January 2, 2009

I am Legend 2?

I heard a rumor that there was going to be an I am Legend 2 and Will Smith is going to be in it. If you haven't seen I am Legend, I would stop reading right now because i am about ready to say what happened in the ending.

I got online and started looking for information on I am Legend 2 because I was curious to see how Will Smith will be in the 2nd one seeing he died in the ending of the 1st one. Anyone who has seen I am Legend knows he couldn't have possibly survived.

Most of the information I could find was rumors, but i did find that Warner Brothers green lighted the I am Legend prequel with Will Smith and Francis Lawrence returning as the director.

Supposedly it involves Will Smith trying to protect a small band of survivors who he ultimately fails to save. It makes sense that it would be a prequel because it would be before his death but I think it would only be repetitive because you already know that Will Smith eventually dies in the end.

I read rumors about the producers abandoning the idea of the prequel and moving on to a sequel, but who knows if those rumors are true. I personally hope it will be a sequel because i am curious to see how Lawrence would have Will Smith in it, but i doubt it could be done in a way that wouldn't be ridiculous.

Either way, I would watch the movie when it came out. As of now, I am Legend Prequel is suppose to come out in 2011, but i have serious doubts it will ever be made.

No comments: