Thursday, January 22, 2009

AP Classes

This year, AP classes are meeting way ahead of schedule. Last year, i met with one of my AP classes on the last days of the school year.

I'm really thankful that they are holding the meetings before i plan my senior year schedule. Now i get to see what the course and teacher will be like before i sign up for it.

I'm thinking about taking AP English and AP Econ my senior year. It will be interesting to go to the meetings and see if this is something i really want to commit too.

I'm not that worried about AP Econ but i heard AP English will be difficult and i'm very happy to get a heads up to whats going on in the class before i'm signed up for it for my senior year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll be taking AP English. Journalism is one of my favorite classes, but, ironically, literature has always been my weaker subject. My essays always get marked down and I can't analyze poems very well either. But who knows I might change my mind.
Good luck with it though. :D

michelle said...

TAKE AP ENGLISH.
I can only speak for Ms. Padilla's class (although I've heard Mr. James is beyond brilliant) but I have never felt more engaged in any other English class I've taken all 4 years of high school.
A lot of people will tell you that you can get away without doing the reading, which I suppose is true. But you're really just doing a disservice because the books we read are classics. I absolutely do not regret taking that class. I have a really good grade, so honesty, if you like English, you probably won't have any issues keeping up a high grade.