Sunday, January 4, 2009

So I finally read Twilight...

I did, it's true, and I have to admit: I LOVED IT.
I really didn't know what I was getting in to, and I was actually really hesitant because I don't love the idea of a girl who's life is all about another guy. She isn't happy unless she's around him and she has to be with him 24/7. I would find that completely annoying. But I started reading and I actually really enjoyed how their relationship progressed! It was extremely interesting at first to see how he reacted to her (hatefully) when she moved to Forks. And then he just had this draw toward her and was almost bipolar and wanted to save her whenever she was in danger (which was a lot). Their romance proceeded really quickly, and there were always random little surprises Edward brought to the table which was a nice break from the typical love novels we read where they are all over each other. He keeps his distance, which is interesting. I think the best part that separates this book is that it always has that air of suspense and danger, because we never know if Edward's craving will become too much and he will decide to devour Bella. Different, no? The huge chase by the vampire in the last third of the book was also admittedly very exciting, and once again a good break from all the focus being on just Bella and Edward's love affair. Good thing there are three more books, though this second one is making me really sad so far :(. I say give it a chance, there's so many things you don't expect in this book, that you're bound to find something you enjoy about it. Obviously, since it's claimed to be the next Harry Potter...

1 comment:

KryptoChicken said...

The Harry Potter books started to suck towards the end. There are way better books out there.