Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mallory's Update

College update:

Eeek. Ten more weeks until UC results begin to pour in.

Unfortunately, stress continues to dominate my life. That may not be a surprise to some, but I expected 2nd semester to be a completely different atmosphere for me academically. With college applications out of the way, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't stressed. For someone who strives for the best possible circumstances, I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel just yet. To be quite honest, I do not think I will be relieved until June 5th.


About 2-3 weeks ago I think I spent AT LEAST five hours on my laptop every day, attempting to pour my heart and soul into everything. I have always loved writing, but when I have to write about myself, it's just gross (although I may be writing about myself at the moment, this is my "casual" style...college apps, on the other hand, are a lot deeper).

I am aware that everything with college is out of my hands. That's sort of the problem though---I feel powerless, and I'd rather feel in control.

No comments: