Thursday, January 22, 2009

Goodbye Alyssa

Last week was runaway week. It seemed to go really well until it hit 2:35 on Friday afternoon. The rally had just ended and we were let out for the weekend. You would think I would have been excited. There was a dance that night and it was the start of a three day weekend. However, I was more upset than happy because it was Alyssa Buchanan's last day here at Rocklin High School. Alyssa had to move to Reno, Nevada to live with her mom. She will be attending Reed High School for her second semester of her junior year. It feels horrible to be so far from a friend. Lucky for her she already knows people in Reno and will be going to school with her boyfriend. It just seems so strange and hasn't really hit me that she is gone. Cheer is too quiet and lunchtime is boring without her. She was one of my close friends and was the one who always made me laugh no matter what. I've known her since 7th grade and for her to not be here just doesn't seem right. I feel like a part of my life is missing. Luckily she will be attended our junior prom with my group of friends and she plans on coming back next year to graduate at RHS. However, I know she really likes it up in Reno, so hopefully she wont decide to never come back. So far I have stayed in touch with her and I heard all about her new school up there. I think we are good enough friends to stay close and she promises to visit every couple weeks.

1 comment:

KryptoChicken said...

She likes living in Reno? She is crazy.