Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Honor Band

Last week, I did the Capitol Section Honor Band with three other people from symphonic band. It was the second honor band I have done in high school. Probably the millionth Becca has done though! I had a great time! I had to record a CD at the end of Thanksgiving break and then a few weeks later I found out I made it. Monday of last week was the first day, where we did live auditions for chairing, got our music, and had a short rehearsal. Then on Thurs we had a 3 hr rehearsal, Fri an all day rehearsal, and Sat a rehearsal in the morning and the concert in the afternoon. It was a great experience, and I learned so much from the conductor and from the other students I played with. The music was really hard!! But I was able to play most of it! It was a ton of fun, and once again, I learned so much!!

No comments: