Sunday, December 11, 2011

Winter staple

Over Thanksgiving break I acquired a new taste for boots. I usually don't like to take too much time in the morning thinking about what I wear, so as long as it looks presentable, I'll wear it. Now I find myself on an endless hunt for the perfect pair of boots. I have a basic image of what I'm looking for: tall, relativly flat, in a dark color (either black or brown), with one buckle around the ankle and another buckle at the top of the boot.The hardest part of finding the perfect pair is that you have an image of what you want but you feel like you should keep looking because you don't want to settle on the first pair you see. As much as I hate having to depend on the internet for shopping, I have attempted to search for boots there as well. I've kept a lookout for any boots whenever I go shopping but none of them are just perfect. My Goldilock-like behavior isnt making the search the least bit easy. Some pairs are too slouchy, some have a round toe, some have a wedge heel, some are not the right color, some dont come in the right size, some make me look shorter, some are too tall, some are not comfortable, some don't match my style. I feel as if my ideal boot doesnt exist at all or it is very cleverly avoiding me. I hope I will be able to find the perfect pair of boots before the cold weather comes to an end.

No comments: