Saturday, December 17, 2011

Break from PreCal

So this semester has been absolutely exhausting from the very start of the school year. I was expecting my Junior to be fun and not super difficult. Lets just say it has been the complete opposite of easy. I definitely had some fun but my classes have stressed me out so much!

I can't wait till the end of the semester! Break is going to be so amazing and feel so rewarding since I have been working so hard! PreCal has been the main reason for my stress. It was a definite mistake to take that class, I thought I would be able to handle it no problem but is has taken extreme hard work on my part, and a tutor.

I have decided not to drop the class, although its extremely difficult and I don't have the best grade, I don't want to give up. I feel that dropping a class because its hard is somewhat weak and equivalent to quitting, and quitting is something I'm not used to. Another thing that contributed to my decision to suck it up and work through it, were the wise words of my math tutor. I asked him if he thought I should drop the class and he told me that I definitely shouldn't because "A grade can never measure up to all the important knowledge you are absorbing and keeping for the rest of your life." That was kind of my "Ah ha moment" as Oprah would say. It really helped me realize that although it difficult and I don't have the best grade, this is important stuff I'm learning, and I will be able to use it my whole life.

2 comments:

Rverma said...

If its any consolation to you I found second semester of precal to be slightly easier than first.

Franchesca said...

Ok awesome! Thanks Rahul!