Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Princess for a Night

My Thunder Galleria experience turned out to be different from last year. I was asked once again to dress up as Princess Jasmine and walk around the cafeteria talking to the children at the event. At first I was indecisive on whether I wanted to go to Thunder Galleria or not because there weren't many other girls who had volunteered as the other princesses, but in the end I needed to finish a CSF project for the semester so I showed up Monday night in my Jasmine costume ready to be talkative and cordial. Aside from myself, one other person had agreed to dress up. She came as Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Together we began wandering around the cafeteria, but before long we were asked to become elves due to a shortage in students able to guide little children. Both Belle and Jasmine were assigned to the sweetest little girl. She was sure to get presents for all of her family members. We took her to get her picture taken with Santa but when it came time to pick up her printed picture, we could not find it. She was a patient little girl who was very mature about her lost picture. In stead of becoming sad, she brushed it off with a brave, "it's okay, I can get a picture next time." She was absolutely adorable and made my first experience at being an elf quite memorable. I am proud of how successful the event was but I am also sorry that this is my last year being able to participate in Thunder Galleria as a high school student.

No comments: