Monday, December 12, 2011

Where are you Christmas?

This year it really does not feel like Christmas. I don't know why, I just haven't been feeling it this season. My house is now completely decorated as of yesterday but it still has not sunk in. When I was little, just like pretty much every other little kid, by this time of the year I would be bouncing off the walls with excitement. I remember sitting under the Christmas tree and gazing at all the gorgeous lights, I remember the eager anticipation of Santa Claus, and I remember having a huge dinner with my entire family.

Now, Christmas seems distant and elusive. Not even my youngest brother still believes in Santa Claus (although he still pretends to). But even last year I was more into the Christmas spirit. Maybe it is because break starts so late this year or maybe my attention is too focused elsewhere. Either way I need to get back my Christmas spirit.

No comments: