Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Some people

So thrice in the last month or less, I have been driven crazy by people sitting near me at public events. I'm debating which of these social crimes is the worst.
1) At the Not So Silent Night" show in Oakland, two 20-something women sat behind us and talked throughout. They were inibriated to the max, and one was obsessed with a missing leather jacket. Talked through Florence, talked through half of Mumfords... then left. A small blessing.
2) At candlelighting on Christmas Eve, a family tradition held at our church and a moving and joyous event, the couple in front of us brought their dog. Yep, their dog. Now dogs in planes make me mad, dogs in stores get to me... but at Church. Really. OK, I get god is dog backwards... but no. Have some restraint.
3) At the Kings home opener vs. the Lakers I was concerned that my group had moved to new seats against my wishes. So I was set up for frustration. Society delivered... two male business types talked non-stop throughout the first half. About business, how they'd share tickets... anything but the game before them. Again, a small blessing that they allowed their quiet though food challenged teens sons to take the seats for the second half.

I know I am supposed to be easy-going and flexibile. But, proper etiquette matters. And talking during concerts, moves and games should be a capital offense. A dog at church... guess I'll leave that to God. But... really?

No comments: