Thursday, December 15, 2011

Step into a Fairy Tale

Ever wish you could live in a fairy tale? The designers of these houses kept all sorts of fairy tales in mind when they made these houses. I personally fell in love with the Moroccan themed house in Texas that looks like a palace straight from Aladdin's world. It is on sale for a cool 8.9 million dollars! I guess it pays to live in an enchanted world. But how awesome would it be to have a figment of your imagination become a realistic thing?
The open floor plan, gorgeous colors, and delicate architecture caught my eye immediately. The layers of intricate pattern may be a bit much for some people but I find a sort of a calming beauty in the decoration. I especially like the well balanced feel of the decorations, as they do not take away from the beauty of the intricate architecture but enhance it. The style describes my taste almost perfectly. The intricate style of the patterns show the patience the designer had for their project, the vibrant colors show a bit of eccentric flare, while the purposeful and uncluttered furniture show organization.
As amazing as it would be to have a dream house like this, I cant see myself sitting at the edge of a fountain admiring my surroundings or taking the time to keep this house neat and clean. The house I have my eye on sprawls over almost 20,000 square feet of land. The upkeep seems to put a huge damper on this fairy tale house.

No comments: