Sunday, December 4, 2011

Origin

I work at Origin, the coffee shop, but you may know that because I've blogged about Origin before. Well, Origin is now selling soups as well as drinks and pastries. I tried some of the soups, and they were amazing!

Since I work the shift through dinner time, I might start bringing money to buy the soup for myself, because it is that good.

At Origin they have two sizes of mugs, a 12 oz, and a 16 oz. The 16 oz. ones look really big, and that's what the soup comes in. The soup also comes with two pieces of break, that is amazing! They had a bag of the bread for the volunteers to sample, and I might have eaten half of the bag. Oops.

Origin also has new seasonal drinks now, Caramel Apple Cider, and Pumpkin Spice Chai. I have to admit, those are my two favorite drinks. I personally do not like coffee, but I do love the smell. Which is good because I work in a coffee shop. Anyway, whenever the barista makes a drink, and there's some left over, she'll keep all of the shots of espresso, and coffee, and half the chai's, and she gives me the other half of the chai's, the hot chocolates, the apple ciders, pretty much everything without coffee. It's great!

The barista tried to teach me how to set my own grind, and pull a shot yesterday... and, as you know... I don't like coffee, but she made me try it because she wanted me to know what a bad one tasted like... it was disgusting... I think I drank about 5 bottles of water afterwards. It was so bitter. Ugh.

Oh well, maybe I'll grow to like it, since I'm around it so often now. I used to not like the smell... but now I do, so maybe there's hope ;)

Anyway, everyone should go and try Origin's new seasonal drinks, and their soups.

No comments: