Saturday, December 24, 2011

Presents

I came across an article concerning top-selling Christmas presents and was amazed at what people want. It starts in the present with Let's Rock Elmo being the in demand toy and ends in 1929 with yo-yos. I liked seeing some toys I grew up around in the 90's like Tamagotchi and Furby. Its also pretty interesting to see how peoples' priorities change over a century. Speaking of centuries, I just had an epiphany that if I live to be 107 years old I would have lived in three different centuries! That seems absolutely amazing! But the reality is that a person born in 1998 or 1999 would have a better chance of achieving that.
Link: http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/769/a-timeline-of-the-top-selling-christmas-gifts-ever/

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Love the link. And I do think these kind of timelines provide a snapshot of culture.