Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fire

When I was younger I was very afraid of fire. Although today I can watch someone light a match without cowering helplessly, I'm still uncomfortably whilst watching flames consume something.

Naturally, I'm not much of a cook. One of the reasons is that I'm afraid of using my stove (and knowing me, I probably will set the house on fire regardless of my aversion to it). Besides that, I am completely complexed by anything related to non-ready-to-eat food.

So generally when Spanish class is holding a posada (Christmas party), I volunteer to bring forks or ketchup or something. But this time, my friend Shilpa suggested we do something. Some what sexistly, I figured that she would have some idea of the cooking process.

Communication is key to many things. Unfortunately, it is somewhat difficult when all of your exchanges must occur in Spanish. Nevertheless, I proceeded to get what I thought was a confirmation of my prediction.

If you've read Shilpa's blog post, you know I was fairly wrong. Turns out she assumed I could cook. Oops. Wish us luck. Also you should probably wish the rest of 4th Period AP Spanish luck.

1 comment:

Ryan Peterson said...

hahaha some of that made me laugh man nice blog