Friday, September 28, 2012

Sometimes...

Sometimes I wish I could take a freakin' vacation already. Sometimes I wonder if our principal reads these.  Bet he doesn't. Why not though? I mean, sure he has a lot to do, but if he wants to get in touch with the students of Rocklin High, then he should read this. Make a lasting connection Mr. Bills!

Sometimes I worry. A lot. Even though I don't try to stress myself out, things nag at my conscience and mind and it keeps replaying itself. Like past conversations that I had that struck me will ultimately be a broken record in my head and I'll even find myself repeating it out loud. It sucks. Anyways, Mr. Victor, my old seventh grade teacher. HE IS AN AMAZING PERSON and a wise teacher. I remember when he'd yell at us when we were too loud and would throw little basketballs around the room to get our attention. I visited him yesterday with an old companion, Julia. I'm sad to think that little kids are disrespecting him more and more these days. He doesn't deserve it. And by all means, the kids of tomorrow are in a place where they are constantly spoiled and not really given a standard for themselves. People will ask, "Well, why don't we just become a private school then if this is so bad?" And I'll tell you that I don't want conformity (I think it's gross) and I want somebody to do something out-of-the-box, but still, there should be a bar.... Stupid little kids always try and say something that makes them seem like they are super bad and ghetto, but no. Just no.

Sometimes I wonder why people like to be competitive for the wrong things. Like say you got a 45% on your test. Horrible, right? You turn to your friend and tell them the news. They say, "Well, I got a 23%." You know what I'm talking about right? And I just wonder why people and friends out-do each other, but in a bad way. They make it seem as if they're cooler if they do worse. I know it's not for making you feel better because of the way they say it. It makes me wonder about the world....

Sometimes I wish the smart people would shut up. There's this one girl (won't say her name) and she was constantly talking about how nervous she was for an AP test. This girl gets straight A's, has many APs, and sets the curve for the tests. And she makes it seem as if she doesn't know anything. It makes me angry because I feel as if it helps her self-esteem in some complex mental gymnastics.

Sometimes I wish I could do something for the world.
Just sometimes.

No comments: