Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Not Your Regular Kind of Jumping

So yesterday I got up super early and headed to Nevada with my parents. We were going to a really fancy horse jumping show called a Hunter Derby. A hunter derby is where riders jump there horses in an arena, but the arena is set up with jumps that look like things you would jump in a forest. What they are doing is making it look like a fox hunt. So anyways, I had to where a fancy dress and shoes, and make my hair all pretty. When we got there we got to tour the course that the jumpers would be jumping on. I took lots of pictures of the jumps. They were beautiful! Then after that we went to the VIP tent to have brunch. BRUNCH! I've never had brunch before. The food was absolutely delicious! Then came the part I was looking forward to all day. The jumping! The horses were so beautiful and powerful. They make me and my horse look like little toys. Anyways, it was a really cool experience and I want to go again next year.

No comments: