Monday, September 3, 2012

AP, Honors, Advanced or Regular?

Last year I took my very first AP class- APWH, as well as my second Advanced class. The year before that I took my very first Advanced class. This year I am forsaking any advanced or AP classes and went straight for the Honors. I have had my try of every possible level of class now, and I must say, I wish that some classes had an Honors instead of just an AP and a regular. I love my classes, I really do. But now that I have experienced the challenge of AP, the regular class of next year up seems almost easy. Don't get me wrong, I still have to work and whatnot in the class, but after taking the AP version of a similar class last year, I've begun to miss the challenge of the class- instead of writing detailed answers and finding hidden meanings and whatnot, I have to write the non-in-depth meaning and although it's easier, I miss the challenge. Wow, I've said that phrase how many times now?? Well now you know how much I miss it. I love the easier classes, considering the fact that Junior year is supposedly the hardest of the four, but I wish that Rocklin had Honors classes or advanced courses for the same ones that only offered AP or regular, so some of us could still be challenged enough without our minds exploding. Again, I don't mind the easy courses, but sometimes I wish I could be challenged enough in an easy class without harboring the sinking feeling of being behind in a AP class. But hey, who should I be complaining to, seeing how I have a less-than-busy schedule compared with my other friends?? Whatever. I'm just happy I have my Honor's classes to keep my mind continuously working :)

No comments: